Friday, June 10, 2011

A Blackhawks Fan Prospective

It feels like the expectation for every Blackhawks fan is to hate the Canucks and automatically jump on the Bruins bandwagon to win the Stanley Cup. I feel bad for Blackhawks fans that might actually like the Canucks. I am not one of those fans, but I do know a few and they are harassed by Blackhawks fans that hate the Canucks. I don't think Blackhawks fans should ever be mad at each other for cheering on certain other teams. I don't like the Canucks at all. They play dirty and they dive all over the place. No team is perfect, but I feel like the Canucks are experts at doing the things that I don't like. I am cheering for the Bruins, but not only because they are playing the Canucks.

All through the playoffs I watched the Bruins play. I watched them battle back during the series against Montreal. I watched the double overtime game and saw Horton score that goal and decided to like him from that point on. I saw Tim Thomas dominate in the series against the Lightning. I saw Tyler Seguin emerge as a great young star. The more I watched the Bruins play, the more I liked them as a team. I decided to make them my number two team.

Now they are playing one of the teams that I don't like at all. I am obviously cheering for the Bruins, but not only because they are playing the Canucks. I like this team. They have a lot of potential and they can beat this Canucks team. They have a reason to fight now that Horton got knocked out for the rest of the series. This is their time to win the cup. They haven't won in 39 years. That's too long. The Bruins need to win game 5, go back to Boston and win the cup in front of their home crowd. They can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment