Monday, August 8, 2011

Carcillo Talks About the Canucks

Today Andrew Brunette and Daniel Carcillo spoke about coming to the Blackhawks. When asked what he thought about the Canucks Carcillo said, "I watched that series and I'm actually pretty excited to play them because there's a few guys that played a little bit outside of their shoes. I think I can keep most of those guys in check when we play them this year so I'm pretty excited to play them."

I really like that Carcillo made a statement against the Canucks today. The reason that he was brought here was to add grit that the Hawks didn't really have last year. After they won the cup the Hawks lost Burish and Eager who were tough gritty guys. Now that they have Carcillo, maybe he can fill those shoes. 

At first I was unsure about the signing of Carcillo, but now that he has said all the right things I might be okay with him. As long as he doesn't get suspended too often and doesn't commit too many dumb penalties, he should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment